geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [xmlbeans] quick heads up on experimental module
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:14:54 GMT
  XMLBeans looks pretty good at first look - it took me about 30 minutes
to get it installed and working. It had trouble with the Sun copy of
the schemas I was using, but using the BEA copies of the J2EE schemas
it worked fine. (I'm assuming XSDs are free to distribute here - surely
they must be).

Have checked in the XMLBeans version of xmlbeans if anyone fancies a
play. (Please read the README.txt about how to manually download the
jar).

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 11:50  pm, James Strachan wrote:

> On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 11:26  pm, James Strachan wrote:
>> On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 11:23  pm, Ou, Rong wrote:
>>
>>> I played around a little with BEA's XMLBeans
>>> (http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/xmlbeans/) and it seemed to
>>> work better than JAXB. They do claim 100% XML Schema support :). Not
>>> sure about licensing compatibility.
>>
>> Its definitely next on my list to play with unless anyone else beats
>> me to it. Plus XMLBeans is meant to be incubating at Apache sometimes
>> soon (not seen anything in CVS yet).
>
> Its ironic that I chose the same CVS module name as 'XMLBeans' - I
> have only just realized :).
>
> Oh and one of the examples in XMLBeans is for creating beans for the
> J2EE schema which makes it look a likely contender! Especially once
> its ASF licensed. Though the 3.4Mb jar looks quite big - though there
> is heaps of stuff in there we don't need (WSDL stuff and heaps of
> schemas and stuff).
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/