geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [JSR77] Workplan proposal
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:54:17 GMT
On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 06:37 PM, gianny DAMOUR wrote:

>> I have seen some patches that implement some of the top
>> level objects, but I haven't seen them under the specs.  Is anyone
>> else
>> working on this, if not I would like to.
> I checked the repository yesterday, and at this time, the top level
> classes are not committed. It has been decided to define these classes
> in the package org.apache.geronimo.management.j2ee.
>
>> Is anyone else working on this, if not I would like to.
> I am also "working" on JSR77. My current goal is to propose a strategy
> to plug the model without significant impacts on the kernel (I have
> defined some instrumentation interfaces, what I called "glue" in
> previous mails, to be used by the kernel to provide the information
> required by the model). I should be able to release this proposal
> tonight. I was unable to submit it yesterday because
> AbstractStateManageable "extends" NotificationBroadcasterSupport.
> Weird...Perhaps that it should only use under the cover a
> NotificationBroadcasterSupport. To be discussed.

I did that.  I am using the 77 live cycle to drive deployment, which is
basically done.  I am working out the last bugs and will post a quick
how-to sometime tomorrow (hopefully).  The 77 life cycle is fully
implemented and supported.  I also, added dependencies and relationship
support, but I'll post a description of those tomorrow.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network