geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [Error handling] NullPointer or IllegalArgument?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:36:00 GMT
I do not agree with the Exceptions section listed in the wiki.  I think
that a NPE can be thrown where appropriate.  For argument methods which
must not be null a NPE is not appropriate.  I think we should change
the text to make it clear that if you must throw an NPE, then it is
okay, but that you need to have a reason todo so and that it must have
a description.

--jason