geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject RE: [i18n] Hardcoded message strings
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:06:49 GMT

When I write an application, I almost never print out the text that's in an
exception.  Instead, I catch it save it with some important context and an
identifier, then tell the user to call the helpdesk with that id.  With that
said, I do not think that possibility #2 should be considered when writing
server software since application writers will have their own ideas on what
the user should see.

As for possibility #1, I agree w/ Jaspreet and think that we should be using
resource bundles.

Regards,
Alan