geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Nash Foster <nfos...@trusecure.com>
Subject RE: J2EE security
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:54:17 GMT
On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 11:03, Alan Cabrera wrote:

> If you look at the top of the page, you'll see that JAAS has been integrated
> into the Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition, v 1.4.

Ok. :-)

> Yes, we are close.  About the 1 good LoginModule, in your opinion, what is
> it that is inadequate about the JAAS LoginModule paradigm that requires us
> to write one good LoginModule and then, in turn, integrate external products
> when IMHO the JAAS LoginModule paradigm is just fine?  Can you provide a
> scenario where there would be a problem?

There's nothing wrong with the LoginModule paradigm. We've been using it
with JBoss, it works great. Don't you integrate external products by
writing more LoginModules? Those additional modules are what really add
value for companies wanting to use the software, imnsho.

-nash

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.