geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: OpenJMS and EJB MDBs
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 04:32:46 GMT
On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 11:40, James Strachan wrote:
> AFAIK OpenJms is the most suitable JMS implementation today which has a
> suitable licence for Geronimo. If another JMS implementation were to
> come along, or folks fancied hacking another one together cool - but
> until then I don't see another option for the foreseeable future.

I agree.  I think OpenJMS is great implementation that we need to
leverage to get a full J2EE stack in Geronimo sooner rather then later.

The question I have is, will Geronimo be able to run against the TCK
with it using OpenJMS??

> On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 03:42  pm, N. Alex Rupp wrote:
>
> > I believe David Jencks and Hiram Chirino would have more to say about
> > this.
> > Hiram's a bit preoccupied this week (moving).

I'm almost done moving!  :)

> > James, what do you know about the JMS plans?
> >
> > : )
> > --
> > N. Alex Rupp (norm@coredevelopers.net)

I like to start with A) because doing B) will force the JMS provider to
duplicate much of the persistence/remoting/transaction work that would
be available if we waited for C).

Regards,
Hiram

--