geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Logging code and Garbage Collection
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:37:29 GMT
Are there concrete metrics which suggest that isXEnabled() is horribly
slow?  If so, then it sounds like we should write a simple utility to
perform lazy caching of this information... but I was under the
impression that the isXEnabled() methods were not so slow, but I have
not profiled them.

Do we need to worry about this now?

What doe the Log4j folks have to say about this?

--jason