geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: FW: Use of "Geronimo" as a project name
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 03:56:00 GMT
seems like a pretty useless answer.

I really dislike the name Geronimo too, but I can't see how it would be
insulting.  The currently-named geronimo project is so far very
positive, active, and cool.

I'm of Icelandic heritage, and would be more than happy to see anything
named after a Viking.

:D

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 10:54 PM, Andrew Oliver wrote:

> Hello,
>
> One of the principal concerns I heard about the "Geronimo" name is
> that it
> was insulting to Native Americans.  Therefore I contacted the first
> advocacy
> group for Native Americans that I found on the net (googled on Native
> American advocacy and clicked around).  This was the reply.
>
> -Andy

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)