geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Arentz <stefan.are...@soze.com>
Subject Pluggable CMP (Re: Persistence framework)
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 09:02:31 GMT

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 18:18, Tim O'Brien wrote:

> This might be a tougher question to answer than Tomcat, Jetty
> integration,
> but one thing that would be desirable would be a pluggable strategy for
> CMP.
>
> Does the current archtecture include any provisions for a pluggable
> persistence layer - i.e. using Castor, Hibernate, or OJB depending on
> your
> preference?

I agree that pluggable persitence engines are important, but do not
forget that this is to be a J2EE server; it has to follow the spec. I
think it is far more important that the server follows the current CMP
and JDO specs instead of already looking to much at all the different
implementations as listed above.

  S.