geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <>
Subject Re: [test] maven unit tests
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:59:34 GMT

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 09:53  pm, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

>> FWIW right now we're using maven.test.fork=true (in
>> etc/ to spawn new JVMs when running the unit tests
>> -
>> this fixes all kinds of classpath issues you often get with unit
>> tests,
>> JUnit, Ant & XML parsers etc.
> Would it be better to set it to false so we deal with these from the
> outset?

Not IMHO. Unless you fancy debugging class loader issues in maven /
junit / ant / jaxp which has nothing whatsoever to do with Geronimo.
Note we're talking about class loader issues of actually running the
Ant JUnit tasks inside Maven here - not Geronimo based class loading

After suffering various class loader issues in the past (especially
about using XML inside a JUnit test case) I always set this flag to
true. Though be my guest if you wanna turn it off - just be warned &
get ready to flip it back on later.

View raw message