geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: [i18n] Hardcoded message strings
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:18:43 GMT
On Monday, Aug 25, 2003, at 14:57 Europe/London, Cabrera, Alan wrote:

> [...]

True. Possibly not worth putting in, but it does leave the question as
to what happens with things in the specs/ folder (such as
javax.mail.Store). I originally thought about putting in the o.a.g and
jx.m prefixes so that you'd know which FQN class it'd come from.

But I concur with your observation. Perhaps it would be better to
shorten it, and use the module name instead? In which case, we could
use a charater (say, S or M) to indicate spec or module; and/or put a
prefix on the front:

throw new I18NException("mail.authentication-failed");

or

throw new I18NException("Smail.authentication-failed");
throw new I18NException("Mmail.authentication-failed");

or

throw new I18NException("spec.mail.authentication-failed");
throw new I18NException("module.mail.authentication-failed");

Alex.