geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: [jndi] Have we found a JNDI impl yet?
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:32:03 GMT
On Thursday, Aug 28, 2003, at 13:40 Europe/London, Jason Dillon wrote:

> I am trying to debug this space in the directory name problem, but I
> am running into a wall because the problem occurs in Sun's JNDI impl &
> I do not have sources to see what is going on.

Did you try using URIs as per the first e-mail I sent? They seemed to
have no problem with spaces, and additionally can be plugged into a
JNDI server.

> Are we closer to getting an open source JNDI impl?

Alex K is in the process of trying to get an open ldapd into the
incubator process, which will provide a JNDI server. He can probably
comment more on the status ATM, but it's available under (IIRC) an ASF
Licence from SF.net, so it is a good possibility for the internal
implementation.

The process is currently at
   http://ldapd.sourceforge.net/dist/incubator.html

I think it's still in an early phase at present, but it should be
useable in the not too distant future.

Alex K, can you comment more to geronimo-dev about the status?

Alex.