geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: [build] Only run tests if something changed?
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 08:04:55 GMT

[snip]

> For integration tests, assuming we would use cactus, there doesn't
> appear to be anything analogous to maven.test.skip for the cactus
> plugin.

If this is something needed, ask for it through Maven's JIRA and it
shall be done... :-)

The problem with integration tests and only running tests if something
has changed is that the conditions to test are difficult; you would need
to test for:

- a change in the runtime source code (easy)
- a change in the test source code (easy)
- a change in the container configuration (harder because not generic)
- a change in the container invocation parameters (harder because not
generic)
- more generally any change in the environment

That makes it difficult to provide this feature out-of-the-box in the
Maven plugin for Cactus.

Thanks
-Vincent