geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Siva" <s...@sivasundaram.com>
Subject Re: [General] Exit criteria
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2003 05:29:15 GMT

> On Saturday, Aug 30, 2003, at 16:21 Europe/London, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
> > STATUS file in CVS is apparently required by the Apache process.
> >
> > Must make sure these stay in sync.
>
> I have a query as to what the STATUS file is supposed to represent. Is
> it supposed to be a 'this project is in position X', or is it supposed
> to be tightly linked with defining the exit criteria in the incubator?

For the moment,STATUS file is just defining the exit criteria.May be we
can add a section in it,listing the tasks/features planned and completed.

> I think it would be a good idea to collectively decide upon the exit
> criteria on the Wiki, then once a general consensus is formed migrate
> it from the Wiki into the CVS server for persistent storage (and
> tracking where we are in the project), including the transition
> criteria from incubator onwards.

Wiki is a better idea,but as jason pointed out,a CVS copy,
is required by the apache process.So lets do all our modifications in wiki
and later update the STATUS in CVS.

> I also think that it is highly desirable to have a release
> plan/schedule (in terms of features, rather than time) so that everyone
> working has an idea of where it is going. We could then have status
> reports to find out how far we're moving forwards, which would probably
> be of interest to others who are interested on how Geronimo is
> progressing, but without being involved in each of the different areas.

Isnt it too early for release planning?

Siva