geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Erin Mulder" <me...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: junit tests
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:55:43 GMT
Good call.

A matrix of this sort is critical to compliance and will probably end up
being
the basis for a lot of project management.

In the long run, for each spec and all of its sections, it would be useful
to see:
    - Number of requirements
    - Percentage of requirements implemented
    - Percentage of requirements covered by tests
    - Percentage of requirements passing all tests

For each requirement, it would be useful to see:
    - Development status
    - Design/development notes
    - Interpretation issues
    - References to all source code that helps to implement this requirement
    - All planned tests, even if not written
    - Tests written
    - Tests passing
    - Tests failing

Obviously, this would all work best with some sort of database-backed
project
manager with CVS and automated testing integration.   How much of this sort
of thing can Maven handle?   Does it do any sort of requirements management?
If not, would it be worth extending/implementing something to handle this?

In any case, what if we get a head start using the Wiki?  There's already a
list
of all the specs we're covering.   Perhaps we can expand that (or clone it)
for
more of a status type list, and start cataloguing the status of each spec
section.
It would certainly help in visualizing our status and mobilizing the forces
for unit
tests.

Cheers,
Erin