geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Siva" <s...@sivasundaram.com>
Subject Re: Is a mailing list the best option ?
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:44:24 GMT
Hi Jega,
    Yes.This list is a high volume list but this seems to be the best solution at the moment.so
lets live
with this list for some more time :)
    You can find the basic information in the wiki site at http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheJ2EE
If something isnt there,either u can ask in the mailing list or come up with ur own suggestion.

Thanks
Siva

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jegadisan Sankar Kumar
  To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 8:08 PM
  Subject: Is a mailing list the best option ?

  This is the first open source project that I have joined, but is there a better mechanism
compared to a mailing list? Just got back, and check my mail box to find over 200 e-mails.
End up having to read replies, and not knowing what the actual questions were.

    Would it be better to have a forum like environment, whereby people can track the topics
being discussed, and contribute to the ones that are closest to their hearts? At the very
least we can view the questions, and the replies.

    Also, maybe I need to catch up on my reading, but I seem to notice coding going on, and
people starting to patch the system up. Is there any design documentation out? Use cases,
sequence diagrams ? all that object oriented design stuff? Would help alot for people to get
a holistic view of what is going on in the system

  Regards
  Jega