geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Test Account" <cmiller...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Virtual hosting and different components
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:14:45 GMT
Denes,

    I deploy an application onto many application servers using one ear file
which contains many proprietary xml config files.  Each application server
only looks for its own proprietary set and ignores the rest.  This makes it
very easy to deploy an atomic unit ( the ear ) while still tuning each
proprietary app server.

Hope this helps,

Craig

----- Original Message -----
From: "Denes" <denes@ppgia.pucpr.br>
To: <geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org>; "'Igor Lobanov'"
<geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 9:18 PM
Subject: RES: Virtual hosting and different components

Makes really sense to me, although I´d rather prefer a config dir or
something like that to configure the base services for all "operational
spaces", because the idea of multiple ears in the same "operational
space" that was discussed earlier.

I don't like the idea of a proprietary config file inside ear, as in
jboss.xml. You can say that I still believe in the myth of one ear being
deployed in every application server :)

Just a tough...

Denes