geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: [JNDI] Check-in of simple impl
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 04:28:20 GMT
> From: Gmane Remailer [mailto:public@main.gmane.org] On Behalf
> Of Greg Wilkins
> For the web container, it is pretty simple to setup a threadlocal
> on the way into a web application context.   However it is more tricky
> if a servlet from one context dispatches to another context -
> as there may not be suitable cut points to put in geronimo
> specific handling.

Do we need to switch JNDI context on dispatch? I thought that dispatch
was limited to the same (servlet) context which would imply the same
JNDI context (java:comp) This would mean setting up the ThreadLocal on
the way in would be enough.

Actually, I'm now thinking that it should be Inheritable - am I right in
thinking that, unlike EJBs, servlets are allowed to create threads?

--
Jeremy