geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "n. alex rupp" <rupp0...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Use of "Geronimo" as a project name
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:08:04 GMT
Well, that makes it much easier, then.  The man's Indian name was
"Goyathlay".
"Geronimo" is Spanish for Jerome--the name was given to him by the Mexican
government.   So we should probably be alright if we don't name the project
"Goyathlay".

Thanks for settling the matter, Andy.

If HONOR has any further questions, I'll go down to their offices myself,
since I live in Minneapolis and am one eighth Ojibwe, (FTR, we prefer
the term "American Indians"  ;-)

Cheers,
--
N. Alex Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)

(http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheJ2EE/WhyGeronimo)

"There's no such thing as a half Indian."
-- My Mom