geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [BCEL] and Javassist
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:51:16 GMT

It's living at JBoss, but is maintained by Shigeru Chiba, not Fleury.

> To be honest, I just want a simple solution to the problem, but it
> needs to be fast otherwise we can just use reflection.  If there is
> some (free) tool out there that we can use that does this in
> 4 line of
> code that would be cool, but I really, really, really don't
> want to get
> into a huge AOP discussion right now.  We have a fairly small set of
> places we need to generate byte code, and we especially don't need to
> be side tracked into an exploration into AOP frameworks.

Javassist has a lot of functionality we/I don't need (for Geronimo, for Hivemind, for Tapestry),
but
the ease-of-use of the subset we do need is tremendous.

Just my two cents; I don't have the bandwidth to contribute to Geronimo in any meaningful
way.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components