geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Central piece: to JMX or not to JMX (HiveMind)
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 21:24:25 GMT
I've been incubating a third alternative (not JMX and not Avalon) that could play a part: HiveMind

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/hivemind

It's a services and configuration microkernel; a melange of ideas drawn from Eclipse plugins
and
JMX.

I can see it being used to bootstrap an application server, configuring the large blocks (possibly,
Avalon components) that will ultimately host EJBs and other artifacts.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components