geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: [Ldapd-devel] LDAP Support in Geronimo
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 01:27:51 GMT
After looking at our roadmap I think we can be useful to you by mid October
where we have the new JNDI provider and backend architecture in place and
thoroughly tested.

We'll try to have an interim release using an older backend architecture
however but I would rather sacrifice this to get you the polished product in
its most efficient and usable form.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 2:43 AM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: ldapd-devel@lists.sourceforge.net; dev@avalon.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Ldapd-devel] LDAP Support in Geronimo

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 07:23  am, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> How long do you think there is before a beta release of Geronimo?

Not sure yet. Geronimo is useful for deploying MBeans already; dunno
when we should do a beta release though - its probably still too soon.

> We can
> make preparations to meet somewhere in terms of the development
> timeline.
>
> LDAPd's official release is some time out - can't even predict it at
> the
> moment.  We're doing another alpha soon though with a major revamp
> which has
> the code name 'Eve', a play on M$'s ADAM ;-).

Though doing some alpha releases of LDAPd would be most useful in
allowing us to start integrating LDAPd into Geronimo sooner rather than
later.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/