geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Denes" <de...@ppgia.pucpr.br>
Subject RES: "Virtual Hosting"
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:03:57 GMT
For this kind of feature, I think that an approach like JBOSS, where you
can define several server configurations based on directories is better,
because the sandbox will have to deal with several server issues like
where is the CMP Database, what is the cluster configs and, as Geronimo
will be fully plugable, what implementations of each J2EE stack
component it will want to use.

Besides, this approach has the interesting feature that I can put
various J2EE applications in the same sandbox, if I want to.

Not sure if JBoss has a different JNDI tree for each server
configuration when you have several JBoss instances running in the same
server; but this is a key issue for a feature like that.

Denes