geode-user mailing list archives

From Barry Wood <bw...@rpymotion.com>
Subject Re: How yo run Locator and Server as process
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2017 14:40:16 GMT
At the command line, command jps to see the Locator and Server processes.  When you relaunch
the gfsh shell you must first connect to the JMX Manager node using the gfsh connect command.
 By default the first started locator is a JMX Manager node.
Barry Wood
On Mar 27, 2017, at 6:50 PM, Udo Kohlmeyer <ukohlmeyer@pivotal.io> wrote:

> Locators and servers are their own processes. When GFSH exits, you are really just exiting
a management shell.

> Why do you say that Locators and servers are being stopped?
>
> --Udo
>

> On 3/27/17 15:40, Ali Koyuncu wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a simple question:
>>
>> Instead of gfsh, how can I run Locator and Server as services? OR, in gfsh, how can
I start Locator and Server as service running in background -- when I quit gfsh, Locator and
Server are also stopped.