geode-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dick Cavender (Jira)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Closed] (GEODE-6854) GatewaySender batch conflation can incorrectly conflate events causing out of order processing
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2019 18:04:09 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-6854?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Dick Cavender closed GEODE-6854.
--------------------------------

> GatewaySender batch conflation can incorrectly conflate events causing out of order processing
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: GEODE-6854
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-6854
>             Project: Geode
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: wan
>            Reporter: Barrett Oglesby
>            Assignee: Barrett Oglesby
>            Priority: Major
>             Fix For: 1.10.0
>
>          Time Spent: 2h
>  Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> If a batch contains 2 equal update events, {{AbstractGatewaySenderEventProcessor conflate}}
will remove the original event and add the later event at the end of the list. Depending on
the other events in the list, this could cause the batch to contain events that are out of
order.
> For example, in this batch containing 6 events before conflation, the last two events
are duplicates of earlier events:
> {noformat}
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|104;sequenceID=2;bucketId=89];action=1;operation=UPDATE;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_6079;shadowKey=16587]
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|104;sequenceID=3;bucketId=89];action=2;operation=DESTROY;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_6079;shadowKey=16700]
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|112;sequenceID=9;bucketId=89];action=1;operation=PUTALL_UPDATE;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_7731;shadowKey=16813]
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|112;sequenceID=12;bucketId=89];action=1;operation=PUTALL_UPDATE;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_6591;shadowKey=16926]
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|104;sequenceID=3;bucketId=89];action=2;operation=DESTROY;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_6079;shadowKey=16700]
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|112;sequenceID=9;bucketId=89];action=1;operation=PUTALL_UPDATE;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_7731;shadowKey=16813]
> {noformat}
> Conflating this batch results in these 4 events:
> {noformat}
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|104;sequenceID=2;bucketId=89];action=1;operation=UPDATE;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_6079;shadowKey=16587]
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|104;sequenceID=3;bucketId=89];action=2;operation=DESTROY;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_6079;shadowKey=16700]
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|112;sequenceID=12;bucketId=89];action=1;operation=PUTALL_UPDATE;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_6591;shadowKey=16926]
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|112;sequenceID=9;bucketId=89];action=1;operation=PUTALL_UPDATE;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_7731;shadowKey=16813]
> {noformat}
> Notice the shadowKeys and sequenceIds are out of order after the conflation.
> Conflation should produce this batch:
> {noformat}
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|104;sequenceID=2;bucketId=89];action=1;operation=UPDATE;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_6079;shadowKey=16587]
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|104;sequenceID=3;bucketId=89];action=2;operation=DESTROY;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_6079;shadowKey=16700]
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|112;sequenceID=9;bucketId=89];action=1;operation=PUTALL_UPDATE;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_7731;shadowKey=16813]
> SenderEventImpl[id=EventID[threadID=0x10059|112;sequenceID=12;bucketId=89];action=1;operation=PUTALL_UPDATE;region=/dataStoreRegion;key=Object_6591;shadowKey=16926]
> {noformat}
> This is similar to GEODE-4704, but not exactly the same.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.3.4#803005)

Mime
View raw message