geode-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Anthony Baker (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (GEODE-837) Jenkins is not picking up test results
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 23:08:13 GMT


Anthony Baker commented on GEODE-837:

The problem seems to be a collision with JUnit 3 DUnit tests.  Converting the test to JUnit4
syntax fixes the issue.  We could also fix the junit4 runner or output to different result

> Jenkins is not picking up test results
> --------------------------------------
>                 Key: GEODE-837
>                 URL:
>             Project: Geode
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: build
>            Reporter: Dan Smith
>            Assignee: Kirk Lund
> After c5efb80518abc2a2c7390af1d46e7c5892801e55, where we stopped searching for specific
test names, jenkins is no longer reporting dunit test results.
> The tests are still being run, but the XML reports that jenkins uses are empty.
> I tracked the issue down partially. It looks like what is happening is the dunit tests
are running and reporting results, but then when the integration tests run, it generates new
XML files that overrwrite the dunit results in gemfire-core/build/test-results with files
that look like this (see how there are no test results reported)
> {noformat}
> <testsuite name="com.gemstone.gemfire.test.dunit.tests.BasicDUnitTest" tests="0" skipped="0"
failures="0" errors="0" timestamp="1970-01-01T00:00:00" hostname="dsmith-virtual" time="0.0">
> {noformat}
> It looks like this has something to do with the junit category stuff. Unit tests files
aren't getting stomped on like this, but dunit test files are. Perhaps something to do with
the DistributedTestCase hierarchy.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message