geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <ukohlme...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] is overriding a PR check ever justified?
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2019 20:39:53 GMT
@Naba.. wrong thread :)

We have real scenario here now, where we have no consensus on whether we
are allowed or not allowed to override.. Do we vote now? OR do we apply
common sense?

TBH, at this junction we should really just do whatever we believe is
correct. A committer is appointed due to trust, so we should trust that
our committers will do the right thing.

But the same trust that our committers would always do the right thing
has gotten us to this point where we don't trust....

MUCH bigger chicken-and-egg problem.

I motion that we vote on this. I would also like to request all those
AGAINST the override to provide strategies for us to not shoot-ourselves
in the foot. (like Dan said)

--Udo