geode-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hanson <mhan...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: bug fix needed for release/1.11.0
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2019 17:28:19 GMT
Any other votes? I have 2 people in favor.

Voting will close at noon.

Thanks,
Mark

> On Nov 6, 2019, at 8:00 AM, Bruce Schuchardt <bschuchardt@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> The fix for this problem is in the CI pipeline today: https://concourse.apachegeode-ci.info/teams/main/pipelines/apache-develop-main/jobs/Build/builds/1341
>
> On 11/5/19 10:49 AM, Owen Nichols wrote:
>> +1 for bringing this fix to release/1.11.0 (after it has passed Benchmarks on develop)
>>
>>> On Nov 5, 2019, at 10:45 AM, Bruce Schuchardt <bschuchardt@pivotal.io>
wrote:

>>> The PR for GEODE-6661 introduced a problem in SSL communications that needs to
be fixed.  It changed SSL handshakes to use a temporary buffer that's discarded when the handshake
completes, but sometimes this buffer contains application data that must be retained.  This
seems to be causing our Benchmark SSL test failures in CI.

>>> I'm preparing a fix.  We can either revert the PR for GEODE-6661 on that branch
or cherry-pick the correction when it's ready.