geode-dev mailing list archives

From Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>
Subject Cache.close is not synchronous?
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2019 21:40:47 GMT
I found a test that closes the cache and then recreates the cache multiple
times with 2 second sleep between each. I tried to remove the Thread.sleep
and found that recreating the cache
throws DistributedSystemDisconnectedException (see below).

This seems like a usability nightmare. Anyone have any ideas WHY it's this
way?

Personally, I want Cache.close() to block until both Cache and
DistributedSystem are closed and the API is ready to create a new Cache.

org.apache.geode.distributed.DistributedSystemDisconnectedException: This
connection to a distributed system has been disconnected.
        at
org.apache.geode.distributed.internal.InternalDistributedSystem.checkConnected(InternalDistributedSystem.java:945)
        at
org.apache.geode.distributed.internal.InternalDistributedSystem.getDistributionManager(InternalDistributedSystem.java:1665)
        at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.GemFireCacheImpl.<init>(GemFireCacheImpl.java:791)
        at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.InternalCacheBuilder.create(InternalCacheBuilder.java:187)
        at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.InternalCacheBuilder.create(InternalCacheBuilder.java:158)
        at org.apache.geode.cache.CacheFactory.create(CacheFactory.java:142)