geode-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Smith <dsm...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] is overriding a PR check ever justified?
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2019 20:19:37 GMT
On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 11:56 AM Owen Nichols <onichols@pivotal.io> wrote:

> Tallying the votes from this thread, it looks like the majority vote is to
> NEVER allow override even in extreme circumstance.

I think a better way of summarizing this thread so far is that there isn't
really a consensus on this point, opinions seem to be fairly split. This
wasn't a vote, and not everybody who expressed an opinion put a number next
to their opinion or was directly aligned with the statement above.

Maybe folks who think there should not be an override option could propose
a specific process for dealing with issues like what Robert just did and
try to bring the rest of us on board with that?

-Dan