geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <...@apache.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] is overriding a PR check ever justified?
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2019 22:02:16 GMT
@Jason, thank you for clarification.. I just pointed out to @Naba that
it was the wrong thread. As, like in many cases, the original intent of
the thread is lost because someone has asked a question, not directly
relating to the thread and then the whole thread is derailed.

When I asked for a vote, I was asking should we be voting on whether we
should allow overrides. It was inconclusive, with 4 against and 3 for
overrides. Which really leaves us in a position where some feel we
should allow the "break glass emergency" override of branch protection
and some don't, and the rest of the 90+ committers who don't care.

Are you suggesting that every override now becomes a vote on the dev
list? Given that we don't have a real stance on whether we allow it or
not, maybe that is best UNTIL we hit a scenario where we cannot get
consensus on the override.

--Udo