geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <...@apache.com>
Subject Re: Odg: gateway sender queue
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2019 18:24:46 GMT
+1, I love that idea... Problem is that we don't have sufficient
auditing around managment/Operational tasks.

What happens if this task is run on an active cluster? Without proper
auditing and possibly some notion on WHAT data was purged, this could
open the product up for many head-aches.. i.e "Entry xxx,yyy,zzz was not
replicated to ClusterA..." Without knowing THAT a cleanQueue was run and
WHAT entries were purged, we could not dispute that that data was lost
due to purge or possibly a system issue...

I think as part of this effort we need to think about auditability.

--Udo