geode-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Smith <dsm...@pivotal.io>
Subject [DISCUSS] Tweak to branch protection rules
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2019 01:01:32 GMT
Hi all,

It seems we've configured our branch protection rules such that pushing a
change to a PR that has been approved invalidates the previous approval.

I think we should turn this off - it looks like it's an optional feature.
We should trust people to rerequest reviews if needed. Right now this is
adding busywork for people to reapprove minor changes (Fixing merge
conflicts, spotless, etc.)

If you all agree I'll ask infra to uncheck "Dismiss stale pull request
approvals when new commits are pushed." in our branch protection rules.

-Dan