geode-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: How to post-process data from Geode backup
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2019 15:47:40 GMT
Hmmm, good question.  If I’m reading the code right we skip exporting PDX types from an offline
disk store (because the cache is closed).  Since the export doesn’t contain any PDX type
definitions, they won’t get recreated during an import.

You could verify this by running “java org.apache.geode.internal.cache.snapshot.GFSnapshot
…” with the right class path / args and seeing if any PDX types are dumped to stdout.

I think this *could* be done with some changes to ExportDiskRegion and GFSnapshot but it doesn’t
look like it’s supported right now.

(Thinking bigger picture, I’d like to have better superuser commands to export/edit/import
the PDX registry as well)

Anthony