geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <...@apache.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Geode 1.9.2.RC1
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2019 22:29:02 GMT
Hi there Owen,

Whilst I share your concern of consistence, the Geode user community did
not notice that the artifacts changed from war -> jar (GEODE-7241). The
Spring Data Geode project is currently the only downstream project which
discovered this regression.

As Spring Data Geode 2.2 will not be using any other version than 1.9.x,
there is no dependency on 1.10.

In addition to this, 1.11 is not that far off, and upon discovery of
this regression from 1.9.2 -> 1.10, we most likely could be pointing
them at 1.11 to upgrade.

As for Spring 5 (GEODE-7261), I might agree that we might want to be
adding that to 1.10.1 patch, but so far I have not seen/heard of any
users hitting this issue. Maybe it would also fall into the category of
"wait for 1.11".

--Udo

On 10/15/19 3:05 PM, Owen Nichols wrote:
> I am concerned that this 1.9.2 release contains features that are not in 1.10:
> GEODE-7241 Publish war artifacts for geode-web , geode-web-api and geode-web-management
to Maven Central.
> GEODE-7261 Fix compatibility with launching geode-web (admin REST API) when Spring 5.x
jars are on the classpath.

> My concern is that users of these 1.9.2 fixes will be surprised to experience a regression
when they upgrade to 1.10.0.

> This could be addressed by planning a 1.10.1 patch release, or maybe just by documenting
this caveat as long as the Spring Data project can agree to skip over 1.10, but my non-binding
vote is -1 until some plan is in place.