geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <...@apache.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Blocking merge button in PR
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2019 21:01:54 GMT
@owen, whilst you are technically correct, THIS is not the process that
we as a Geode committer community have agreed upon.

The commit process within GEODE is to raise a PR. Simple...

--Udo

On 10/22/19 9:53 AM, Owen Nichols wrote:
> This discussion has revolved around the assumption that all changes go through the PR
process.

> If you’re a committer, nothing forces you to create a PR — you can also just commit
directly to develop.  PRs are commonly used when the committer wants feedback (from the PR
checks and/or from the community), while changes to docs and tools are sometimes made directly
on develop.

> By making it harder to use the PR process, will this have the unintended side-effect
of nudging more committers to skip it entirely?