geode-dev mailing list archives

From Owen Nichols <onich...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Blocking merge button in PR
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2019 16:53:45 GMT
This discussion has revolved around the assumption that all changes go through the PR process.

If you’re a committer, nothing forces you to create a PR — you can also just commit directly
to develop.  PRs are commonly used when the committer wants feedback (from the PR checks and/or
from the community), while changes to docs and tools are sometimes made directly on develop.

By making it harder to use the PR process, will this have the unintended side-effect of nudging
more committers to skip it entirely?