geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <ukohlme...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] GEODE-7241 - make Jar not War?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2019 17:22:14 GMT
@Anthony. Ticket was updated.. In a nutshell, to run integration tests,
using the REST endpoints, requires the starting of the server with and
embedded web-server.

As all tests run on dependency management only and don't have access to
a downloaded product, the HTTP endpoints are not part of the dependency.
These are added in by including the WAR files from mavenCentral.

As @Dan pointed out, GEODE-5660 enabled this behavior.

I think this approach might actually even help with the testing of the
REST Controller in the Geode codebase itself.

--Udo

On 9/25/19 8:32 AM, Anthony Baker wrote:
> Udo,
>
> Can you update GEODE-7241 to help us understand the reason why we need to publish geode-web*
WARs to maven?  I get that we used to do this but I can’t recall why we choose that approach.

> There is one request for Pulse on maven (GEODE-6208).
>
> Anthony
>

>> On Sep 24, 2019, at 3:44 PM, Udo Kohlmeyer <udo@apache.com> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe the better question is, WHY are we publishing geode-web and geode-web-api.
>>
>> Pulse, from what I remember, could be a standalone deployment. At least that is what
I remember.