geode-dev mailing list archives

From Alberto Bustamante Reyes <alberto.bustamante.re...@est.tech>
Subject Off-heap support deactivation
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2019 15:28:12 GMT
Hi all,

Is it possible to change the off-heap support of a region once it is created? The idea I got
from documentation is that it is possible to do it if the region is persistent, as the off-heap
flag of the region can be changed using "alter disk-store".

I have run the following example to check it: with two servers, I created a partition persistent
region, with off-heap set to true. Then I deactivated the off-heap support by using alter
disk-store, as described in documentation. But I have observed that if I run "describe region",
the off-heap flag is still set to true. And if I populate entries, the values are stored in
the off-heap memory.

Did I misunderstood the documentation or I did something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto B.

PD: I wrote down the steps I followed in the following gist: https://gist.github.com/alb3rtobr/e1fcf4148fe46f2e7b9e02a2e458624c