geode-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Houghton <rhough...@pivotal.io>
Subject [DISCUSS] GEODE-7241 - make Jar not War?
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2019 22:34:33 GMT
I am working on the change to get the geode-web and geode-web-api war
artifacts published instead of the jars. I have found the
geode-web-management project is also producing a war artifact, in addition
to a jar. Do we want it to be published as well? What is the criterion we
use to decide?

I think this problem was an oversight from the changes PurelyApplied and I
made to the build when we made the publish plugin 'opt-in' instead of
forced by the root project. Easy to publish one or the other, but I am not
qualified to decide whether a war or jar is more appropriate for these
modules.

Thank you,
-Robert