geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Barrett <jbarr...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] GEODE-7241 - make Jar not War?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2019 19:10:36 GMT
-1 for updating previous releases or merging into the current release. I see no overwhelming
need to have these published so that a downstream project can subvert the prescribed why of
starting a server with all its dependencies. A workaround to this issue is to depend on the
full distribution tgz and use gfsh or geode-dependencies.jar to start things up.

-Jake

> On Sep 25, 2019, at 11:46 AM, Udo Kohlmeyer <ukohlmeyer@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> So it seems there is consensus around jar vs war. WAR's win by nose. (until we can find
a more creative way to expose said artifacts)

> That said, do we need to start another thread about fixing 1.8.x or 1.9.x?
>
> I'm already considering proposing that GEODE-7241 is included into 1.9.2, as that patch
release is already discussed to backport GEODE-7121.

> --Udo
>
> On 9/25/19 10:53 AM, Anthony Baker wrote:
>> Thanks for the reminder.  If these files are required to start a geode member, I
agree they should be published artifacts.  Perhaps there’s a better way to pull them in…but
this seems like the best option for now.

>> Anthony
>>

>>> On Sep 25, 2019, at 10:22 AM, Udo Kohlmeyer <ukohlmeyer@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> @Anthony. Ticket was updated.. In a nutshell, to run integration tests, using
the REST endpoints, requires the starting of the server with and embedded web-server.

>>> As all tests run on dependency management only and don't have access to a downloaded
product, the HTTP endpoints are not part of the dependency. These are added in by including
the WAR files from mavenCentral.