geode-dev mailing list archives

From Owen Nichols <onich...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Adding a lucene specific fix to release/1.10.0
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2019 18:13:38 GMT
It looks like this has already passed the vote, but I don’t see an explanation anywhere in
this thread for what makes this a "critical fix".

As I recall release/1.10.0 was branched at the beginning of August, so it seems appropriate
to apply a very high level of scrutiny to any continuing proposals to further delay the release
of 1.10.0.

- Is this fixing an issue of Data loss? Performance degradation? Backward-compatibility issue?
Availability impacts?  Resource exhaustion (threads, disk, cpu, memory, sockets, etc)?
- Did this issue exist in the previous release?
- What is the impact of not fixing it?
- What are the risks of introducing this change so close to shipping?
- How extensively has the fix been tested on develop?
- How “sensitive” is the area of code it touches?
- What new tests have been added?