geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <...@apache.com>
Subject Re: War's vs JArs
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2019 18:39:55 GMT
Dan, thank you for the investigation.

The war artifacts have been published to maven, since the dawn of time.
Whilst I agree that they are not stand-alone, there is the ability to
reference them via maven/gradle as dependencies and start a server using
Geode API's or other technologies like Spring Boot Data for Apache Geode
or Spring Data For Apache Geode.

If we've missed those, would it makes sense to maybe update the process
with the next patch of 1.9.x (we already have a [DISCUSS] thread going
to cut them).

--Udo