geode-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Schuchardt <bschucha...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Make gfsh "stop server" command synchronous
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2019 15:17:05 GMT
Blocking or non-blocking, I don't have a strong opinion.  What I'd
really like to have gfsh ensure, though, is that no-one is able to start
a new instance of a server while the old process is still around.  Maybe
the PID file is the way to do that.

On 9/10/19 3:08 PM, Mark Hanson wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to propose that we make the gfsh “stop server” command synchronous.
It is causing some issues with some tests as the rest of the calls are blocking. Stop on the
other hand immediately returns by comparison.