geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <...@apache.com>
Subject Re: Propose fix for 1.10 release: Prevent NPE in getLocalSize()
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2019 00:32:31 GMT
@Aaron, is this an existing issue (i.e this was not introduced in a
current refactor)?

If the answer is anything other that "This will make the system stop
working", I would vote: -1

If this is an existing issue and has been around for a while, I think we
hold off including this.

I think the boat has sailed on the inclusion of issues into the 1.10
release. Sorry...

--Udo

On 8/13/19 4:58 PM, Aaron Lindsey wrote:
> I’d like to propose including https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/3913/commits/6f1814d1f719cc06b13769c40a9d6d01f99f927c
<https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/3913/commits/6f1814d1f719cc06b13769c40a9d6d01f99f927c>
in the Geode 1.10 release.

> This commit fixes an issue where a NullPointerException is thrown from PartitionedRegion.getLocalSize()
when the statistics callback sampler is invoked before a PartitionedRegion is initialized.