geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jinmei Liao <jil...@pivotal.io>
Subject [DISCUSS] what region types to support in the new management rest api
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2019 23:26:29 GMT
Region type (in another word Region shortcut) defines a set of attributes
for a region. These are the list of region types we have:

LOCAL,
LOCAL_PERSISTENT,
LOCAL_HEAP_LRU,
LOCAL_OVERFLOW,
LOCAL_PERSISTENT_OVERFLOW,

PARTITION,
PARTITION_REDUNDANT,
PARTITION_PERSISTENT,
PARTITION_REDUNDANT_PERSISTENT,
PARTITION_OVERFLOW,
PARTITION_REDUNDANT_OVERFLOW,
PARTITION_PERSISTENT_OVERFLOW,
PARTITION_REDUNDANT_PERSISTENT_OVERFLOW,
PARTITION_HEAP_LRU,
PARTITION_REDUNDANT_HEAP_LRU,

REPLICATE,
REPLICATE_PERSISTENT,
REPLICATE_OVERFLOW,
REPLICATE_PERSISTENT_OVERFLOW,
REPLICATE_HEAP_LRU,

REPLICATE_PROXY,
PARTITION_PROXY,
PARTITION_PROXY_REDUNDANT,

In region management rest api, especially in PCC world, we are wondering
1) should we allow users to create LOCAL* regions through management rest
api?
2) should we allow users to create *PROXY regions through management rest
api?
3) for the rest of the PARTITION* and REPLICATE* types, should we strive to
keep the region type list the same as before, or only keep the type as
REPLICATE/PARTITION, but use other properties like "redundantCopy" and
"evictionAction" to allow different permutations of region attributes?

comments appreciated!
--
Cheers

Jinmei