geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Barrett <jbarr...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: I propose including the fix for GEODE-3780 in 1.10
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2019 21:23:27 GMT
Because someone will ask, can we be proactive in these request with identifying if the issue
being fixed is introduced in Geode 1.10 or is a preexisting condition.

-jake

> On Aug 15, 2019, at 2:09 PM, Bruce Schuchardt <bschuchardt@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> This is a fix for a problem where a member that has lost quorum does not detect it and
does not shut down.  The fix is small and has been extensively tested.  The fix also addresses
the possibility of a member being kicked out of the cluster when it is only late in delivering
a heartbeat (i.e., no availability check performed).