geode-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Server recovery severely degrades client read traffic
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2019 17:43:18 GMT
Interesting find!  Can you share the code path you’re looking at?  I see one related to putAll
but not for get.  Thanks!

Anthony

> On Aug 1, 2019, at 11:01 PM, Mario Ivanac <mario.ivanac@est.tech> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> we are observing severe throttling from the cluster when getting data from a partitioned
region (no SH nor TX) while server hosting one of the redundant buckets is recovering (see
ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-7039).

> Currently, Get operations that have not landed on a server hosting the bucket will be
proxied to other members that host bucket, in random fashion.

> Question is, can we use bucketProfile.isInitializing flag for member selection algorithm,
or do you have some better idea?