geode-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hanson <mhan...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: geode-native ipv6
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2019 21:46:33 GMT
I just tried to connect to Geode with the native client and it did not go well.  It exceptioned
with an illegal argument error.

That said, it “seems" like it might not be complicated to make it IPv6 compliant.

Thanks,
Mark

> On Aug 8, 2019, at 9:56 AM, Mark Hanson <mhanson@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> The latest ACE framework seems to have support, but I don’t know how far off latest
we are. I don’t think we test anything in an IPv6 context, so I would say no that we don’t
officially support it in the client. Given some time, I could do some testing..