geode-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Emery <dem...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: IntelliJ setup for develop
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2019 00:13:16 GMT
Running a ‘devBuild’ once on the command line will fix up some modules, sometimes. It doesn’t
appear to help with running the acceptance tests in geode-assembly, but (usually? often?)
does allow running geode-core tests in IntelliJ.

Cheers,
Dale

—
Dale Emery
demery@pivotal.io

> On Jul 24, 2019, at 3:37 PM, Murtuza Boxwala <mboxwala@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> In my ideal world, I compile and run tests with IntelliJ.  IntelliJ is constantly recompiling,
so when you hit run, it’s usually just ready to run the tests and the feedback loop feels
much faster.

> But, the “output path is not specified for modules” does seem to reappear randomly,
and apparently it will disappear on its own after a few restarts maybe…not sure.  A re-import
will fix the issue as well, but the unreliability is definitely annoying.  Switching to gradle
makes things more predictable at the cost of speed.  I currently have both runners set as
"Default (IntelliJ)” and haven’t had issues for a couple weeks now.

>> On Jul 24, 2019, at 5:32 PM, Aaron Lindsey <alindsey@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>> I had the same issue. Now I use the same configuration as Jens and that fixed the
issue. The only problem is that I feel the Gradle build takes longer than IntelliJ’s build.